The Genesis Story
The Genesis Schools were born more than 4 decades ago, with a simple goal: create a school system that inspires students to pursue lifelong learning with enthusiasm. How do the Genesis Schools do that? By embracing an independent school model that incorporates a rigorous, back-to-basics, individualized education with the highest standards. Since 1981, the Genesis Schools has been directed by Dr. Melissa Nurrenbrock.
Generations of Genesis parents and students know Dr. Nurrenbrock better as Dr. Missy, the heart of Genesis Preschools, Genesis Elementary, and Genesis Preparatory. Dr. Missy spent her childhood in New Port Richey and has enjoyed a successful and diverse career in education. She has taught students at every level, from preschool to college, and earned a Doctorate in Education. Her professional background, as well as her happy memories living in New Port Richey, inspired her to give back to the community through a school that serves each family and student individually.
Those strong ties to the community, as well as the awareness of how much school life influences and affects families, has led Dr. Missy to expand the Genesis Schools brand from a preschool to five programs that serve students from 18 months to 18 years old.
As she watches parents, who were Genesis students, return to Genesis with their own children in tow, Dr. Missy sees the result of decades of dreams and hard work. Genesis Schools is, at its heart, a family committed to the community, to high standards of success, and to each student’s individual growth and change. The faculty, staff, and board is committed to continuing the mission of Genesis Schools into the future, offering Florida students a traditional, individualized education crafted to inspire the unique greatness in each of them.
The mission of Genesis Preparatory School is to provide a rigorous academic college preparatory program, in a supportive environment, while preparing its students to live constructive and productive lives as they meet the unique challenges of a multicultural and economically diverse society.
We are committed to providing academic, social, moral, physical and aesthetic values in a safe and nurturing environment. We believe this environment will cultivate resourceful and independent students with leadership qualities and competitive spirit. We nurture the core values of honesty, trust, and respect for the dignity of others.
Specific Goals and Objectives
- To provide a challenging and demanding college preparatory program in a supportive environment
- To adhere to the Honor Code, which promotes moral integrity, honor and intellectual discipline
- To develop the unique potential of each student so that self-esteem and confidence will produce community-minded citizens and civic responsibility
- To maintain an atmosphere which promotes awareness and respect for others and their differences
- To nurture creative exploration of the Arts
- To encourage opportunities for students to realize their talents in physical development and team work
- To expect excellence in all aspects of school life
- To give equal consideration for applicants to Genesis Preparatory School of Florida, Inc. regardless of race, gender, creed, and national or ethnic origin.
We believe every student deserves the chance to be seen, heard, and taught in an environment of support and love.